Purchasing a home is often called the most expensive investment you’ll ever make. First-time homebuyers can easily get overwhelmed with the pressure of searching for their perfect home, qualifying for a mortgage, getting a home inspection done and all of the other steps in this life-changing decision.
Before starting this journey, you need to ask yourself: “Am I ready to buy a home?” Determining the answer to this question requires a few follow up questions:
- How are my finances? If you have a lot of consumer debt such as credit cards, develop a plan to become as debt free as possible. Consider consulting with a financial advisor or debt expert to see what your options are.
- Speak to a lender. Before you start looking, it’s best to know what you’re pre-approved for so meet with a bank or mortgage broker. It will help in your search so you won’t get attached to something out of your price range.
- Be honest and practical with yourself. The “Golden Rule” is Mortgage + Taxes + Insurance = 25-30% of your income.
- Find the right realtor for you. We love meeting first-time homebuyers and an initial meeting with the José Rauda and Lisa Shaw team will let you know if we’re the right fit for you.
- Be patient. Once you place a bid and the offer is accepted, you will have some time before the deal is finalized and you get the keys to your new home. But trust us, the wait is definitely worth it!
Our team stays up-to-date on the newest trends so we can help find the perfect home that fits your lifestyle and your budget.
If you’re looking to purchase your first home, call José Rauda and Lisa Shaw today at (403) 329-8899 and see how our team will help you with your real estate endeavours.